Look for these things in the advert you have been given:
1. Is it designed to look exciting or fun? How? Which words or pictures do this?
2. Is it designed to look as if it is cool and trendy? How? Which words or pictures do this?
3. Pick out all the persuasive words that you can find. Do they give you facts or opinions?
4. Is the layout of words and text important? What about letter size and shape and colour?
5. What factual information is given? How much of the writing is about facts? What does it not tell you?
6. Is it meant for you or for another type of person? How can you tell?
it work? Would you want
to buy it? Why or why not?
8. Can you think of any way to improve the advert? If so, how?